Themes from various iconic film soundtracks will feature in a new installment of Late Night Tales.
Set for release on 5th November, 'Late Night Tales: At The Movies' is a 24-track compilation of music from seminal films including The Shining, Taxi Driver, A Clockwork Orange, Blade Runner, and Kill Bill.
Among the legendary composers to feature include Wendy Carlos/Mark Ayres (Ode to Joy from A Clockwork Orange), John Barry (Midnight Cowboy), Philip Glass (Powaqqatsi), John Carpenter/Mark Ayres (Halloween main theme), Vangelis's Tears in Rain (Blade Runner) and Giorgio Moroder (Chase from Midnight Express).
Check out the full tracklist and cover art below.
Pre-order the album on 2 x LP here.
Last month, it was revealed that Don Letts, AKA The Rebel Dread, has mixed the next installment in the Late Night Tales series.
1. Columbia Symphony Orchestra / Bernstein — Rhapsody In Blue (Excerpt) (Manhattan)
2. Rr Orchestra — Sarabande (Barry Lyndon)
3. John Barry — Midnight Cowboy (Midnight Cowboy)
4. Pascal Rogé — Gnossiennes #3 (Henry & June)
5. Michael Andrews Ft Gary Jules — Mad World (Donnie Darko)
6. Arthur Fiedler / Boston Pops Orchestra — March Of The Siamese Children (The King & I)
7. Nick Ingman / Orchestra London Sinfonietta — Adagio For Strings (Platoon)
1. John Williams — Cavatina (The Deer Hunter)
2. Philip Glass — Powaqqatsi (Powaqqatsi)
3. Michael Kamen — The Office (Brazil)
4. Bernard Herrmann — Outer Space (The Day The Earth Stood Still)
5. Ray Noble & His Orchestra — Midnight, The Stars And You (The Shining)
6. Thomas Newman — Horse (Jarhead)
7. Wendy Carlos / Mark Ayres — Ode To Joy (A Clockwork Orange)
1. Deodato — Also Sprach Zarathustra (Being There)
2. Thomas Newman / Hollywood Studio Symphony — Brooks Was Here (The Shawshank Redemption)
3. Mike Oldfield — Tubular Bells (Excerpt) (The Exorcist)
4. Hotei — Battle Without Honor Or Humanity (Kill Bill: Vol 1)
5. John Carpenter / Mark Ayres — Halloween Main Theme (Halloween)
6. Bernard Herrmann — Main Title (Taxi Driver)
1. Giorgio Moroder — Chase (Midnight Express)
2. Isaac Hayes — Theme From “Shaft” (Shaft)
3. Lalo Schifrin — Bullitt Main Title (Bullitt)
4. Vangelis — Tears In Rain (Blade Runner)
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.