A compadre of Derrick Carter and Luke Solomon's Classic Records during it's hey-day in the late '90s to '00s, Brett Johnson hails from the cowboy country of Dallas Texas but was influenced by both the sounds of New York and Chicago.
From setting up his own Aesoteric Records to recently releasing on Bang The Box, he's able to switch from deep to bleep as his finely blended, yet ever shifting, podcast displays magnificently. Check out forthcoming Leftroom single 'No Pictures Please' produced with Dave Barker - his partner on 2003 classic 'Stucco Home' – and his remix of Droog vs Inexc's 'Rude' on Supernature.
1. Todd Terje - Inspector Norse - Smalltown Supersound
2. Moodymann - I Can't Kick This Feeling - KDJ
3. Sasse - Der Groove - Moodmusic
4. Borrowed Identity - Stimulation
5. MIMS - New York Drummer (Original Mix) - Plus Eins Recordings
6. El Prevost - SAP - Third Ear Recordings
7. Mark Henning - Chicago Sunrise (James What Acid Edit) - Soma
8. Chateau Flight - Kounka (Steve Moore remix) - Versatile
9. Douglas Greed feat Pascal Bideau & Delhia de France - Down Here (Marek Hemmann Remix) - Fruede Am Tanzen
11. Agaric -A Different Beginning (Bredit) - We Are Records
12. DJ Sneak - Wickedy Sounds (Andrea Oliva Mix) - DJ Sneak Classics
13. Mark Henning - Trojan - Cityfox
14. Vernon & Dacosta feat Red Eye - You So Crazy (Ultrasone Remix) - Homecoming
15. Telefon Tel Aviv - A Map Of What Is Effortless - Hefty! Records
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.